A conversation with Oregon College Savings Plan Executive Director, Michael Parker, on the first Education Celebration Award, tips for tax season and our continued partnership with Big Brothers Big Sisters Columbia Northwest.
McMinnville Assistant Principal Sean Burke, just named Oregon Assistant Principal of the Year by the Oregon Association of Secondary School Administrators, spends a little time with us.
- How it felt when he found out he received this exceptional recognition.
- His tenure and path at McMinnville High School.
- The biggest changes he’s seen over his 18+ years at McMinnville High School.
- His unique education path in Oregon and what he valued most about his education.
- The fun of hearing from students who have graduated.
- What education means to him.
- What excites him most about being an educator.
- Why he’s optimistic about education in Oregon.
- What he’s looking forward to most for his students in the future.
- The innovative college dual-credit program at McMinnville High School.
Michael Parker, Executive Director of the Oregon College Savings Plan, joins us for a recap of the Civil War promotion, discussion on the first Education Celebration Award, information on an upcoming college savings seminar in Portland on 12/3 and more reduced fees for investors in the Oregon College Savings Plan.